DISASTERS AND FAITH-BASED ORGANIZATIONS
- www.disastersandfaith.com – website with information resources
- Sept. 2017. Guest speaker at VA Tech, Alexandria, VA
- August 24, 2017. Prepared and presented session called In Case of Emergency at Walter Reed Senior Center, Arlington, VA
- August 2017. Guest speaker, Georgetown University.
- July 2017. Panel member in session at Hazards Conference, Univ. of CO;.
- June. Chair of panel at Emergency Management Symposium, FEMA/EMI.
- April 2017. Claire B. Rubin was featured in the blog of Earth Networks.
- March 2017. Guest Speaker, Sheridan College, Toronto, Canada
- Feb. 2017. Guest Speaker, SUNY Albany and VA Tech
- Oct. 2016. Guest Speaker, Georgetown Univ. Exec. Master’s of Professional Studies in Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Sept. 2016. Guest Speaker, SUNY Albany
- Feb. 2015 and Feb. 2016. Guest Speaker, VA Tech , Alexandria Campus
- Feb. 11, 2015. Guest Speaker at Temple Micah, Washington, DC.
- October 10, 2014. Presentation to Graduate Program in Emergency and Disaster Management, Georgetown University.
- Sept. 23, 2014. Governing Magazine Summit, Newseum, Washington, DC Panelist in session on disaster resilience.
INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION EFFORTS:
Ms Rubin has given several one-time lectures regarding the U.S. emergency management system to groups of international public officials who are touring the U.S. under the auspices of the State Dept. Sessions include visitors from Sri Lanka and China.
- Georgetown University. October 2013, and 2014. Presentations to Master’s Program in Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Bartolado Distinguished lecture, Towson University; April 11, 2013.
- Reflections on 40 Years in Emergency Management Community
Rubin Keynote Paper, August 2015 and SLIDES for Keynote . Final edited version published in the Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management , 2015: jhsem-2015-0050(2)